Quality and durable mattress is very important. After all, approximately one third of your life you will spend on a mattress.
Below you can find some quick, yet important tips on how to to increase the mattress’ life and keep it healthy for a long time. Not too long though, as mattresses need to be replaced every few years, due to wear and hygienic reasons.
Here’s 10 tips to increase the mattress’ life and keep it healthy
- Use a nice thick protective cover.
- Periodically rotate the mattress and reverse the mattress, it distributes weight evenly on all surfaces thus reducing wear and tear.
- Avoid sitting on the edges continuously.
- Hold the mattress firmly with both hands when you lift it.
- Do not wash the mattress. If required just wipe it a damp cloth.
- If children use the mattress, use protective water proofing materials.
- Do not expose the mattress to sunlight. If required dry the mattress under a fan.
- Do not keep the mattress folded for a long time.
- When folding a Multicore or a Classic mattress, ensure that the cups are on the inner side.
- These simple precautions will ensure that you get a consistent level of comfort over a long period of time.